Réf. : #0622
Position, Tasks, and responsibilities
As part of his growth strategy, there is unique opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager & Prevention Advisor to join our Knauf Energy Solutions management team to:
- Establish, update, and maintain the company H&S policy up to the best standards
- Ensure a practical and performing implementation of H&S standards on our Construction sites, mainly in Belgium, Netherlands and exceptionally in the United Kingdom, driving our teams and partnering contractors toward excellence
The HSE Manager & Prevention Advisor is responsible for a safe, ergonomical, and sustainable work place for all KES employees worldwide.
The HSE Manager & Prevention Advisor will be assisted by a team external HSE experts.
- Serves as H&S point of contact for authorities, customers, and internal safety audits. Reports to the MD in the role as legal Safety Advisor (Preventie Adviseur)
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates a standardised Audit program Belgium wide; aligns with the overall European organization for ISO certification (45001).
- Functions as a Senior Auditor/Lead Auditor according to the standards OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001)
- You report Key Performance Indicators, gap analysis and action plans to the Executive Committee (EXCO)
- Develop and operationally deploy the KES Way, and HSE policy in close cooperation with the different internal stakeholders (Operations, Sales, Data Science, Public Affairs)
- Supports the Managing Directors to drive improvement by developing and providing leadership, training, and resources for Health&Safety.
- Creates Safety Awareness and encourages a safety driven culture through training and education solutions
- Interacts with the C-suite to advise necessary continuous improvement efforts so that systems and processes are in line with overall company strategy
- You support the site in the implementation and application of the HSE Policy and HSE related procedures
- You establish constructive working relationships with the Site, Construction Manager and operational leaders
- You follow and support operational activities (HSE aspects) from mobilization till demobilization of the site, this includes subcontractors
- Cultivates a strong safety management culture in all functional areas to drive standardization, improve efficiency, and reduce injury rates
- Builds and maintain sustainable working relations with external stakeholders, such as safety auditors and external HSE advisors
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence
- Create action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that addresses operation or business disruptions, recovery, testing and validating the emergency action plans
- Consulting on risk assessment (planning, implementation, and operations) for all site locations
- You provide training for subjects related to your specific HSE related competences
Place of work safety
- Assist in fire alarm drills, and training of first aid helpers
- Identify and review hazard, risk and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented on all KES offices locations
- Participate in the development of offices & production related emergency response procedures
- You perform internal HSE inspections & audits in line with the internal audit & inspection planning that you developed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Construction or Technical area with specialization in Safety Management or equivalent through experience
- 10 years relevant professional experience within a production environment with at least 3 years in a Safety Advisor role
- You are Health and Safety advisor – level 2 (Belgian Law)
- You master the current HSE related legislation on construction and are aware of the latest developments
- Excellent verbal and written Dutch & English language skills, French will be appreciated
- Computer skills: at ease in an IT mature company, mastering MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), online resources and Outlook is a minimum
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK CDM regulation and/or Netherlands Safety regulation is a real asset
- Supporting & facilitating change: enables and shapes change, helps others (including 3rd parties) to understand the need for change and adapt to it
- Resilience – Maintains self-control, direction and effectiveness in high-pressure situations.
- Strategic thinking – Creates a clear, long-term and shared vision and mission for KES integrating information from internal and external resources.
- Translating work methods into thorough risk analysis is nothing new
- You possess an entrepreneurial mind, self-motivated, showing flexibility, being innovative and result-oriented while promoting teamwork
- Very open, adaptative and flexible mindset, with the ability to learn from, and communicate with, people from very different backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
- A “start-up” company culture with the support of a major group, driven by innovation and the will to open new markets
- A unique career growth opportunity in the very dynamic market of energy efficiency retrofit at Belgian and European level,
- A great benefits package, including among others: 7 weeks holidays, company car; health & group insurances; meal/eco vouchers,
- A multicultural work environment
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you.
Part of the Knauf Group, we are the building performance solution for asset owners. We support the delivery of high-quality energy efficiency outcomes for new build and retrofit, as well as providing smart home services.
Key to what we do is a technology breakthrough – the negaWatt hour meter. For the first time energy efficiency can be measured the same way as energy generation. A kiloWatt hour of energy saved is now equivalent to a kiloWatt hour of energy supplied.
This technology means that asset owners can:
- Calculate the real energy savings day-after-day for building retrofits
- Properly benchmark the fabric energy performance of new builds and retrofits
- Create the necessary feedback loops to significantly improve the design and quality of work on-site
Part of the service we provide are the associated retrofit design and works, delivered with the highest Quality and Health & Safety standards.